Monday, April 17, 2006

Wendell Berry Wants My Time


Well, my dear, I don't think anyone is going to say that your current job is the highest possible expression of your being. So, eventually, you will leave and do something else, maybe stay home with sprouts for a while or maybe just get an opportunity that you don't want to pass up.

If you know your job is one of those jobs that sits right on the edge of being too comfortable to leave, and too uncomfortable to be happy with, then just make it your job to be prepared for something better. Keep your eyes open and think about what will make it easier to make a change when the time comes. Money stashed away? The hubby prepped so that he doesn't panic when you want to change everything about your life? I don't know what those things would be for you.

These days, I feel the same way you do about work. So, things will change, and I'm preparing for that with spreadsheets and calculations, since for me, it's the money thing that makes it scary.

I'm going to find a way to do more of what's above.

No comments: