Monday, May 01, 2006

Sock of the Day


Hello!
Finally! Knitting content! Here's the sock I am making for Walter. We picked the yarn when he was out here. See how I'm at the toe, and almost done? Yay! There's a little yarn and tea shop on Bainbridge Island, so on our ferry field trip, I got to drool over some yarn. That's always my favorite part of any trip - the yarn. It's my favorite souvenir.

I am sorry that you smell like sawdust. I hope that no one throws peanuts on you because they think you are the floor of McSorley's. Or worse...

I love Robocop. The guinea pig. Not the other Robocop. I do not love the other Robocop.

I'm going to have to rate my weekend a 4 on a scale of 1-10. Please keep in mind that any lower would probably have to involve a trip to the emergency room, and that the Rat City Rollergirls and an America's Next Top Model viewing session are the only things that even rated the weekend THAT high.

I did find out that I was accepted in to the writing workshop with Nick Flynn (author of _Another Bullshit Night in Suck City_, and Extremely good book) at the Tomales Bay conference in October. It's good that I don't have to hang my head in shame over being rejected. That would not have been well-timed.

XOXO
H

1 comment:

LadyGripe said...

I love the sock! Are your socks comfy with shoes or are they around-the-house socks?

I also find the movie Robocop creep-tastic. He's on 24 now and it makes me nauseas to look at his weird high forehead and cadaverous cheekbones.

xoxo

Bagel Face

ps. congratulations on the writing workshop! But isn't that when you are headed to Pam's Ranch?