Friday, September 29, 2006

It's Scary, Really

Hey there,

How was the birthday, Ali? We want to hear all about it. I tried to call you, but you must have seen my name on caller ID, cause all I got was your voicemail. Did you go to work? Did your mom bring cupcakes to class for all the kids? Well, she did once. Not everyone can say that!

I loved the Roll Bounce entry. Did you know that 3 years ago (I think) I had my birthday party at Skate King? Yes, I said three, not thirty. Some year you should come back for your birthday and we'll see if you can shoot the moon. That's going to be hard on skates, though. Especially since I think the term you were looking for was Shoot the Duck. I never could do that either.

I'll admit it, I'm a little scattered today. I know, again. Yesterday was my last day of work until December 11th. I don't even know how to begin to wrap my mind around that. I feel gleeful. I feel like it's MY birthday. I'm sorry, I don't mean to step on your birthday toes. It's still your birthday until the last gifts roll in.

There are a ridiculous number of things to be done when you are getting ready to leave your life behind for two months. Here are a few of them:

- cancel Nov dentist appointment
- mail art back to Julia so she has it for a show in November
- mail Ali's b-day presents (hee! sorry)
- go to bank
- buy digital camera
- pack yarn
- wash car
- wash last of laundry
- mail apt keys to mom
- see Dakota Clay and baby
- give Dakota keys for Allison
- change sheets
- pay bills
- buy Atlas
- buy Jenn baby gift
- host Jenn's baby shower (tonight!)

There's a lot more, but I don't want to bore you. Actually, I'm willing to bore you, as the entry demonstrates. It's really more that I'm a little afraid to see the whole list written out all in one place.

Now that I've seen part of it, though, I think I better go...

XOXO
H

P.S. The yarn? Just 3 skeins in a many gallon, many skein tub of sock yarn that is about to cross the country with me. Got any color requests?

No comments: