Thursday, November 30, 2006

Last Thursday



Look! See my feet? No? That's right, because they are buried in snow! The sun came out today, so all six of us tromped out over the crunching snow and Gary filled the horse's water trough, and Pam threw some hay out for them, and Fenton and Rose and MaryEllen chased each other, but not the horses for a change, and I took pictures of socks on the clothes line. See?


They don't look like the same size, but they are. I love these socks, at the moment I'm really into this self-patterning yarn, so if you are on the sock list and you want socks that look something like this (only different colors), let me know.

Last bit of ranch trivia for the day. Here's Fenton, trying to figure out how to get up on the poet's cabin roof in order to get that elk leg. Yes, that's right, the roof. Gary and I led a wolfhound parade to the cabin so that Gary could throw the elk leg on the roof. If you think about it, putting the elk leg on the roof makes perfect sense. The dogs can't get it, and the birds will pick it clean so that there is no nasty rotting stuff in the garbage room.

Now it's 6:30 Colorado time, but it's much earlier Tasmania time, which is why the Faux Thanksgiving turkey is in its first hour of cooking. We are on Tasmania time here at the ranch.

Oh, AND! While Pam and Gary were stuffing the turkey, I built the fire in the wood stove, and Pam says it's the best fire ever. Remember that first time I tried to build a fire here, way back in the beginning, the first time the power went out? It didn't work so well, until Gary got it going.

See, I've learned a lot here, don't you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should make a snow angel while you've got the opportunity. I recommend it! I made one on Tuesday!
xoxo,
Mummy