Friday, December 15, 2006

Bad Blogger


Look! It's Joseph with a butterfly at the Pacific Science Center! We went and saw the butterfly house there and it was pretty cool. Almost as cool as the boys' hair at Cafe Fiorre.

Things are soooo quiet here! I have been working on a new book project so I haven't been home to write anything. The book is all underwater photographs - mostly of women. It's going to be quite beautiful - I think. The images make me think of when I was little and would dive to the bottom of the pool and sit there - imagining that I was a mermaid. All the ladies are so pretty with their hair flowing around them and the other worldly light. It's really a pleasure to work with such gorgeous images.

But, it's a lot of late nights and between being sick last week and everything else, that part of it isn't so great.

I took a night off for Eugene's office holiday party last night. They get to invite spouses so, lucky me, I got to go! They had a magician who did all sorts of mind blowing tricks.

I have always liked magicians about as much as I like clowns. Which is to say, not at all. But the guy last night was actually really amazing. He did sleight of hand and mind reading tricks and, seriously, he freaked us all out.

Monday we have my party - no spouses. This year it's at the United Nations! That should be pretty cool. And we have a live band, the Nerds.

Not too tragic. Everybody drinks too much and acts foolish. It provides weeks of office gossip. I can hardly wait.

Actually, something I don't understand is when people are all bitter about going to a holiday party. It's free food and drink with people you, hopefully, like. I mean, I don't love everyone at my company, but I have the friends I hang out with and we'll make our own fun - right?

Buck up people, I say!

Somehow this year I got roped into helping to organize the after party. I tried really hard to find a place that is open on a monday night, but the only club that we could come up with is the China Club. That relic of the eighties is the only act in town on mondays, so I am getting everybody on the list and there we'll be.

It's hysterical, the epitome of bridge and tunnel cheese, but since we're just going to be a bunch of drunken office people, I suppose it doesn't matter how cool the place is. Some people wanted us to just go to a bar after the party, but that never seems to go over well. People are usually already drunk and they want to go dance and party, even if the place they're going to is a b&t breeding ground.

This weekend we're going up to VT and I will attempt to finish both my holiday cards and my Christmas shopping. I already got your prezzies! And Mom's and Dad's. But I have to get something for Eugene. Arrggghhh!

Ernie's grandson is coming up to the house with us - you may remember him from the cruise photos. He was the bearded guy with the I Heart Hot Moms T-shirt. He's a sweetheart and he cracks me up. So we'll be playing Crazy Eights all weekend, when we're not helping Euge with his building project.

Anyways, that's all that's going on here. Miss you!

Ali Posted by Picasa

No comments: