Friday, March 09, 2007

Thank you



So, It's been a crap couple of weeks around here.

Sometimes life is just like that, and you spend your days walking around with your head down hoping to avoid any additional calamity. Waiting for the current trouble to pass so that you can start fresh.

But sometimes, when life is really god-awful, you are given little gifts. And big gifts. And they can act as signposts to your way out of the terribleness. I may have had an awful time of it over the last two weeks, but I can see the path out as clear as day and the reasons why are just as vivid to me.

We spend a lot of time taking for granted that the people in our lives care about us. The people we've chosen as well as the people that the universe chose for us. We forget that we walk around every day with a million little strings of love attached to us, connecting us to our Moms, Dads, Sisters, Husbands and Friends. But at these times, admittedly dark times, those strings can be enough to hold us up.

Being able to see that love, freely expressed, is not just a gift - it is almost an embarrassment of riches. And it's a reminder of why I want so badly to bring a new life into our family. Because we all have so much love to give. Because I want to tie all those little strings of affection to a person who is a little bit of all of us.

In the meantime, I am happy to be reminded of how very lucky I am to have a sister like you, a dad like Dad, a mom like Mamala and a husband like Eugene.

The road may be bumpy ahead, but I can feel all those strings cushioning the ride.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh you made me cry again! But in a good way. I love you so much and am grateful to have you as a sister.

XOXO
H

Dakota said...

a little late, but crying all the same.