Sunday, July 29, 2007

Brave New World

That's what we're hoping for behind this red door. Maybe you've read about my love of Virginia Woolf? If you have, you won't be too surprised to hear that "A Room of One's Own" made an impression on me. I have several rooms of my own already, in my nice little apartment, but I've never had a room that was just for writing. Until now.

Wanna' see inside?

There it is, our "before" photo. Right now it's really just a glorified 8'x8' storage space, but I've got grand things in mind for this little place. On Friday I delivered a big bin of writing supplies there, along with all my files from my writing group. Back at my apartment, there are little pieces of art set aside, fresh notebooks, my favorite floor lamp, my pretty blue electric typewriter, and my big desk, all ready to go as soon as I manage to get a sucker to hold up the other end for me.

2 comments:

LadyGripe said...

I had no idea that you were getting a writing space - this is so exciting! Yay!

Can't wait to see what you make of it, and in it.

xoxo,
A

Brian said...

Where is your writing space? I'd like to get one of my own. Maybe you can share some tips on how you'll set yours up. I have this shed in my backyard with insulation and full panel electricity (The inspector said it has enough juice to run a washer and dryer.), so I'm tempted to set that up as my man room (where all things manly occur)/writing studio (where my manly poetry, that story I read part of in Kim's class, and my future one-man show and other writerly dreams will be written and fulfilled). Some day. For now, I'll vicariously live through you.