Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Ah yes, just like the Blessed Virgin Mary

I like this picture because it looks like
she's listening for the disco music to start.


So it's Christmas and you might be asking yourself, in what way might I consider myself 'just like the Blessed Virgin Mary'?

Well I do have a lovely blue pashmina, and angels do seem to come out of the woodwork whenever I'm walking around, but there's really only one way that matters.

Today I measure 40 weeks - a full term pregnancy - just like Mary!

But there we diverge. I have (knock on wood) ten weeks left and two sweet babies to look forward to. She just gave birth to the messiah this morning. Oh, and it was two thousand some odd years ago.

Anyhoo, I will be trying to create my own marvels in the weeks to come - I shall part the seas of traffic in Manhattan to move to Washington Heights! I shall ride my donkey, err subway, to work each morning. I shall erect a pregnant belly of such proportion that it shall block out the sun!

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely Christmas! I shall be asleep in the manger.

Or at the movies.

xoxo
Ali

ps. Aren't you glad I didn't say anything about virginity or immaculate conception?

No comments: