Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What Happened After The Shower (or... this may or may not have involved hysterical laughter and comments such as "who peeled that one off the pole?"

Allison's new apartment is lovely. In just the ways you would expect from her, if you've known her a while. High ceilings, pre-war, big windows and wood floors. When I got there last weekend, they had been there about a week, but all the furniture and books and things looked like they belonged. It seems like the place she's meant to be.

I'm having a little trouble keeping up on where I'm meant to be. I only bought my tickets to the next writing group week today, and we leave a week from Saturday. I'm about a dozen blog posts behind - I can hear them whizzing by my head every night as I get in bed too late and too behind on other things to be able to justify taking the time to capture them, and when I did finally write this one I actually posted it to the wrong blog the first time. Yeah, there is a wrong blog. How's that for not knowing where you're meant to be?

Of course, those things are just a sliver of the reason why my favorite part of my surprise appearance at Allison's baby shower in New York last weekend was the catching up part. It wasn't so much catching up on news, though we did a little of that. It was mostly just sitting on the couch at the end of the night, and the catching up was the kind of catching up you do just by being with people you love, in the same room, breathing the same air. My mom, Allison, Dakota and I don't get to do that as much as I'd like, but it's certainly often enough to remind me how very much I love all three of them. To say nothing of Baby Scrumptious and the twins, Algene and Eugeson.

I miss you already.

XOXO
H

No comments: