Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hi ho, hi ho....

Sadly, I am not a monkey wrangler like Thomas...
that would be fun, right?

So, I survived my first day back. I can't say that it was overly productive... my biggest concern - honestly - was making sure that I pumped enough milk for the boys - but I got a warm welcome and the day passed more quickly than expected.

I think Monday may actually be the harder day - novelty having worn off and all that. But the boys were here, safe and sound, when I got home. They hadn't forgotten me and gave me sweet smiles and kisses before starting to yawn and rub their eyes.

Tomorrow after work there are drinks at Johnny Utah's after work and I am sure that the mechanical bull will be in full effect.

I think it's a bit early for that for me, though. The only wranglers I'm interested in are my boys... The monkey and Snuffalupagus.
I think I should mention, though, that their nanny had them dressed in matching polo outfits when I got home. Not cool. Not cool at all.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Your boys are so damn cute.

And I have three words for the milk supply stress: steel cut oatmeal. Seriously. Oatmeal is supposed to be some sort of gelat-a-something-or-other that helps. And I definitely notice the difference on days when I don't have it. (Make a batch on Sunday and just scoop some and reheat it every morning.) That and my fennel/fenugreek tea. Welcome to the world of being a bfing working mom. Sometimes I wear my Cow Girl Creamery T-shirt to work just for fun.