Saturday, January 17, 2009

First Field Trip of the Year


Such a good night last night. One of those parties where you just think there really couldn't be a nicer group of people on earth, nor a more interesting group. Our friend Charla was there, and she dug down deep in conversation, and the fire popped and the dogs' ears stuck out straight from their heads in expressions of delight and sweet pleading attentiveness and I ate the best cookie I have ever had in my life.

Afterwards, Kate and I were supposed to go see the boys play at Neumo's, but when we got there at 10, it was totally sold out! I've seen them way too many times to be that bummed about it, especially because it just means success for them and I love that. Now I'm waiting to collect the girls and we'll head down to PDX, where I get to go out to Amber's farmette for a visit, then back to the city for the show at the White Eagle.

I've been thinking about 2008 a lot, thinking maybe I'm working on reworking that year, to a certain degree. I thought of it as a bad one, you know, but there was a lot of good too, as there will be in the year of any person with as many good friends and loves and cute nephews as I do. Last January was Colorado hot springs for Pam's birthday, and Portland at the Ace with Susan, and of course coming to see a very pregnant sister for her baby shower.

I'm thinking 2009 better step it up!

No comments: