Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Just what the family needs

This weekend I will be staying in the city, while Eugene goes to look a truck like this for the house in Vermont.

Manly man truck! Can't you imagine me driving it? Whoopie!

It's an M715 Jeep. The idea is that it is a practical second vehicle for us to leave in Vermont - the subaru having suffered mightily at the hands of our local dirt roads...

In the meantime, I will be hanging out in the city with the boys! We have a big project to work on this weekend. Turning the dining room into a playroom.

I had always thought that this was something we would. not. do.

Little did I know that I would give birth to the double reincarnation of Harry Houdini! I had been lulled into a sense of complacency by HK and Ada. Ada never needed gates!

My boys have been barricaded in the living room play area for a while now, and just recently they have realized that between the two of them they have the brains and the heft to storm the barricades.

February 16 Babies 051

What's wrong with this picture?

It is hysterical watching them 'escape' and crawl like prison escapees for the front door... laughing and giggling the whole way... but it does not make for a very secure environment. Thus, the dining room will be converted to a maximum security prison.

I mean playroom.

It's not like we were using it for much more than a stroller parking lot anyways.

So we ordered these gates. And this weekend I will find a rug for the room.

The babies are really taking over.

Good thing I still like them!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I enjoy the fact that before you make your son stop standing on your other son, you take a picture. This pleases the non-parents among us.

Barb said...

It pleases me all. That picture is one of a kind.

And I totally get the giving up of the dining room. You won't regret it. A little prison to contain the little schemers will make your life much, much easier.... until they figure out how to work the gates or climb overit by standing on each other. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, you do have your hands full with those little fellows! The gates look quite nice and the room is big! you could have a "jungle gym". Well, a slide? Claudia will be thrilled, no?
XOXO,
Mummy

LadyGripe said...

Truck updates... No truck! it just wasn't in goo enough shape and Euge showed excellent judgment, though I think it broke his heart a bit to let it go.

Glad you all liked the picture. I felt a bit like the bad mommy, but I thought it was one for the ages.

I'll post pics of the new playroom soon! It turned out really well!