Thursday, August 26, 2010

It Used To Be A Mix Tape



Susan and I have been separated lately. The mini-farm, different sleep/wake hours, my NY trip, etc etc. I've been missing her and our get-togethers, trips to Moshi for sushi, going to Ballard Market for TV watching supplies, hanging out in her TV room, cupcakes, coffee. Finally tonight I'm staying in town to have dinner with her, no idea where we'll go, but it doesn't really matter. She's the only person who can get me to willingly eat at a restaurant with the word Factory in the name and be happy about it. 

Susan was one of the first people to make me a mix tape, back in the day when we did those. She's kept at it through the years, though now they're CDs. Yesterday I read this great article about mix tapes, and thought of her. Perfectly timed to remind me I need a new mix for all the driving I'm doing these days. Not quite as good as hanging out, but a whole lot better than nothing. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw! I will always be the mix tape maker for you.

Thanks.

Love You.

xoxox

Kathleen said...

Suzanne and I saw you in the window of Noble Fir. We were driving, otherwise we would have stopped. You looked very peaceful sitting there.

Heather said...

You mean Moshi? Same street. Peaceful, or dead? Hee