Thursday, November 11, 2010

There's a frog in there somewhere

I did it again. Made what seemed like all the mistakes possible. But I'm getting better at recovery. I had the enlarger set to white, which was a problem since it turns everything red - Emma looked like she was playing guitar in a moodily lit nightclub rather than the northern California fall sunshine. Then the kickstand on the lens was wide open so duh everything was overexposed at first. But by the end of the night I had some beautiful 10 1/2 inch prints, if I do say so myself. I love seeing the images that big, even on the toy camera shots that I was printing, the color was pretty good. The Bronica shots are just downright gorgeous, so crisp, with rich bright color. If I could have gone out and spent more film that moment, at 10PM, I totally would have. 

The photo above, just a snapshot. Tom and I were in the yard and he spotted one of the sweet bright green  wee frogs that live there, and I wanted to capture it. So there it is. A frog.

2 comments:

LadyGripe said...

I found it! Too bad it will probably be hibernating by the time we get there for Turkey Day...

Heather said...

I don't know about that. You would not BELIEVE how many frogs we have. They sound so awesome. Wait, maybe you would believe it, seeing as how you have a whole pond of them. :-)