Monday, April 04, 2011

Sleet

Technically, there isn't any sleet around here at the moment. But for some part of nearly every day, the cold, rain-slanting wind makes it feel as though there is. Coming home from dinner tonight, Tom and I sat in the car in the driveway for minutes, engine off, just looking at the cold rainy fields, still pond-like with flooding. Yesterday was different, though, the evening around sunset was lovely, warmish and made musical by the frogs, the spring bird songs, and when you stood in the back field, the quiet trickling of the groundwater sinking back into the earth. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This shot says it all. Dang Novempril. I am going to the movies as soon as I find one I want to see and finish my work at the office. Kinda doubt any new buyers or sellers are likely to show up this morning! :-(
I hope the slumber party at the minifarm was sustaining!
XOXO,
Mamala