Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It can't be over!

Untitled
Thomas and Max enjoying the murals in Times Square on a Subway Adventure

I am not ready for summer to end. I am not ready for the boy's first day of school, the leaves changing or my 39th birthday.

The summer has flown by so quickly. We've had construction underway on the screened in porch in Vermont, so I have spent more weekends than usual in the city with the boys. We've had subway adventures, trips to foreign playgrounds, playdates, movie dates, and hijinx galor.

And, it goes without saying, I got to thoroughly experience the Olympics.

But I have missed the woods around the house, roasting marshmallows in the firepit, the sounds of the peepers echoing over the pond.

And great jeebus, I had forgotten how HOT the city is in the summer!

This weekend we head to the Hamptons for a weekend at the beach with some friends, then Labor Day in Vermont and then... school begins!

Not ready, not ready, not ready.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yay for Labor Day in Vermont! Soak it up! I'm not ready for the boys to be so big. I AM ready for my October visit! But I'm with you on the summer.

Barb said...

39?! No way! I thought you were much younger than that!