We need a meme or something. Something to break up the paragraphs that threaten to take over this post due to my lack of photos....
Here's one - the first one I found, and only select questions, since some of the answers to the other questions (e.g. 4 places I have lived) would be so very obvious and boring to my sister.
4 movies I can watch over and over
- Almost Famous (watched just this weekend! The key is that the dialogue is so good, you never get tired of hearing it, and the soundtrack is good, AND every time I watch I think I want to pay more attention to the outfits on Kate Hudson, and then every time I get too wrapped up in the story to remember to pay attention... anyway, I'm too old to get away with wearing a sheer vintage shirt with only a couple of ruffles covering all the interesting bits)
- In The Mood For Love (gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! and also importantly, good soundtrack and makes you hungry for a big thing of takeout noodles)
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (not completely sure about the inclusion of this, but I know it's something I've been FEELING like I could watch all over again right now, even though I've already seen it twice and it hasn't been out that long)
- It's A Wonderful Life (did you think the vintage movie was going to be Breakfast at Tiffany's? it could be, but I chose this one because I think someday I might feel like I have seen BaT enough for one lifetime. IaWL changes as you age, and though it has a reputation for being sappy, there is actually some brutality to it - like when he takes Donna Reed and shakes her while they are on the phone, and he's yelling, and she's crying, and there is so much angst!!)
4 TV shows I love to watch
- Charlie & Lola!!! Have you seen it??? Love it!
- Veronica Mars - o! we all know about our love of LoVe. Love what they did with Logan's hair in the season finale, btw. He looked better than ever. What happens now? Do we know if it's going to be back next season? My life won't be the same without her. Now I want the whole series on DVD
- Project Runway - This is sort-of obvious.
- America's Test Kitchen - or whatever the show is called. Who would have thought I would love a cooking show? But I do, and I've even made recipes from the episodes we used to have on Tivo! Chicken under a brick! I watched it just this weekend, they were making a roast, and I knew I wasn't going to make the roast, but I watched anyway.
4 things I've been eating lately
- medium-boiled eggs with buttered toast and black tea for breakfast - made with my new handy egg cooking tool! Yesterday morning and today I got up early enough to eat this nice breakfast and take a bath. Today I even ate the breakfast in the bath, while I read a poem.
- sashimi - salmon is my favorite. so buttery. eating some right now!!
- potato chips with cottage cheese - learned this one from the Pamfa ladies. who knew this would be good? i convinced susan it was.
- buttered raisin toast with a single tall latte - this is the weekend morning meal of choice, at the coffee shop down the street. i walk down there with my journal, and sometimes write a few pages.
I think I will stop there - what about you??