Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ranch Report - Day 16

Yesterday was such a lazy day - I never changed out of my pajamas and spent the whole day knitting and reading Sweet Hearts by Melanie Rae Thon for my writing group book chat. Pretty grim book, so staying in pajamas seemed like the right thing to do.


Today I managed to get out of bed by noon, but just barely. Pam, in her infinite wisdom, put a deep clawfoot tub and speakers in her bathroom here, so I spent what was left of the morning soaking in the tub, listening to Boots of Spanish Leather and looking at magazines.

View from the bathtub

Goes without saying, it was lovely. After the bath, I went into town for my latte and the mail. Later, I wrote letters to people who don't have internet. Those people do still exist - in my family, they're called Grandmothers. Look, here's town:

Sometimes at the end of the day here, I'm left wondering exactly what I did. Here's today's list: photographed some sock starts, turned the heel on Andy's sock, fiddled around with the self-timer, checked on the horses water and took photos of a dirty old window in the barn and the dried-up lizard that Pam fished out of the water trough, washed some dishes, read a little more.

That's all I'm going to tell you today. Ali - show us some more Austin photos when you get a chance! I love the Mean-Eyed Cat web site.

XOXO
H

No comments: