Monday, October 02, 2006

When You Are Done Reading This Post, You Will Be As Tired As I Am


Yikes!


Well, it's been a whirlwind weekend since my last day as a 32-year-old... I am 33 years and 4 days old now and I need a nap!

My birthday was definitely one of the best that I can remember - which exempts any birthday before the age of five from competitive consideration.

I got taken out to lunch by my co-workers, who also made me a cake, gave me a yoga set (mat, block, and strap) AND took me out for drinks after work. They like me! They really like me!

Or else they are really good fakers. If they are, I don't want to know.

Mom got me some delightful cookbooks - which I admittedly have not had a chance to read yet, you got me the Cordon Bleu book - and I really WILL know EVERYTHING after I read it, Dad and Lucia got me a digital photo frame - which was exactly what I asked for, and Carolyn got me some lovely gold bangles - which she very tastefully allowed me to select for myself. I am so very like Angelina Jolie - don't you think?

Eugene gave me a new handbag, which I am still swooning over... and took me to dinner at the new Tasting Room. It was delicious.

Friday, I was going to call you after work, but when I got back to my 'hood - with all my prezzies in tow - I discovered that I couldn't get home! There had been a disastrous tower crane collapse across the street from our apartment and the police wouldn't let me in! The photo above is of a cab that was cruched (no fatalities) when the crane fell.

Unfortunately, I had a bachelorette party friday night, so I had to walk up to Euge's office, drop off my gifts, buy a dress (black tuxedo shirtdress from Zara - very Rive Gauche!) and make-up and get to the bachelorette party by 7:30!

I didn't want to keep those penis straws waiting!

When I got home at two am, the nice police ossifer was willing to let me go home, though the avenue was still closed.

Saturday we got up early, drove out to the Hamptons and closed up the beach house for the winter. With all the wedding travel we have in October, there was no way we would get out there before the first freeze...

On a happy note, I got to go to the Barneys outlet store and buy a bunch of darling cashmere sweaters. Yay!

Saturday night we had a birthday party for Eugene's cousin Susan at the Churrascuria Plataforma - try saying that fivetimesfast! Try saying it once - I still can't! It was all the meat you can eat.

Really.

I left feeling like I was a pot-bellied pig. And Eugene got a bottle of red wine spilled all over him.

Any hoo, Sunday we woke up late. We had a christening for another cousin's little baby girl. At almost three months, she is apparently the size of Dakota's 2-week-old. I got to hold her all during dinner. She was squirmy, but I still managed to get a nibble out of each of her toes AND her elbows. The christening dress made knee nibbling impossible.

I would like to make a side observation here that I had no idea that backless red satin tops with sequins and stilettos were the current trend in godmother dressing. And that's all I am saying about that.

Sunday night we visited Eugene's Great Uncle Joe and his wife Millie in their new condo in Queens. They've been married for fifty five years and are cute as a button. Like a stand up comedy show.

Luckily for them they have a granddaughter named Alison, so every time they accidentally called Carolyn 'Ali,' I just acted like they were talking to me and they played along.

Wednesday will be our three year anniversary, but I think after all of the weekend's activities, all I really want to do is go home and lay on the couch.

And watch the Project Runway Season Recap of course!

I hope you won't miss that while you are on your road trip! That would be criminal.

Plus, you'll be all bummed out when I spoil it for you because I have to vent my irritation at Vincent saying 'it just turns me on!' One. More. Time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Who's Reginald?
Yeeeeshda that Taxi is toast. I'm glad the ossifer let you go home in the weeeeeeeee hours.
I want to hear more of the Uncle Joe and Millie show. What a scream.
XOXO,
Mummy

LadyGripe said...

I don't know who Reginald is, but I don't think we want to either.

Heather said...

Ali, maybe you shouldn't use the phrases "penis straw" and "turns me on" in the same post in the future. :-) But this did get me to figure out how to moderate comments!