Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving, the Aftermath (don't read this after eating!)


Looks like a pretty sweet dog, doesn't it? Silly, friendly, kind of snuggly. Yup.

Well... there was something fishy going on in the world of the wolfhounds tonight. Usually I feed them around 5 or 6, so when it was 6:15 and none of the dogs were back here, well, I knew something was up. Especially since Fenton came when I called but MaryEllen, who usually sticks close to home, stayed away longer than the other two.

So, it's about 9 now, and I've finished eating my tasty Thanksgiving meal, and am waiting for my pumpkin pie to cool, when I catch MaryEllen on the porch with her very own Thanksgiving feast - a big ole elk leg. The whole leg. Like, all the leg bones, still hanging together. Yechh. Really. I put my gloves on (I love those gloves soo much) and took the leg away and threw it into the garbage room. I'll deal with it tomorrow when I can see. Again, I am amazed that this dog did not bite my hand off when I took this prize away from her.

Please god, do not let it be elk meat that made Rose sick before! Okay, I'm ready for Pam to come home now. :-)
* Morning after update: dogs all still fine, no further evidence of elk remains. Yay!

No comments: