Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Bad Babysitter



This is my imitation of Katio Holmes shopping. Does she ever do anthing but look at shoes at Barneys?

Anyhoo, I am at work right now, or rather at my freelance work.

My clients are out seeing Alvin Ailey and they left me home alone at their studio to work on the new book. I was just sitting here eating my dinner (seared tuna with salad and a light ponzu sauce - they feed me well at this job!) when suddenly I had this overwhelming memory of what it felt like when I was a teenaged babysitter.

After the kids would be in bed, I would be watching TV and eating ice cream or something, and I would get this sensation of how weird it was inhabiting someone else's house when they weren't there.

I felt that a bit in your apartment, though it seemed so familiar to me. I wonder, did you feel that at Pam's?

Um, I should get back to work now.

xoxo
Ali

ps. Sent your prezzies to Mom's, she should get them tomorrow. I know which one you will like best! Hee!

No comments: