Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Few More Entries For The Wall of Fame

Where did all the bloggers go? It was a busy weekend here, so busy that I still have wine glasses to wash from Saturday night, even though I also hosted book club on Sunday. All the photos from the weekend were Polaroids, which didn't lend themselves to a blog entry when I considered writing one yesterday afternoon.

You can see that these Polaroids are not the Polaroids you would have seen from a cocktail party thrown by the Malcolm Sisters ten years ago in NYC. No one really looks loaded, or half-naked, or salacious. And the kids, there were so many kids! I especially enjoyed Todd saying "want to see Miles' new baby trick?" and then using Miles as a percussive instrument. Todd's and Suzanne's daughter Nadine enjoyed the chaise longue and went back for more sweets and more sweets until finally Suzanne said "Oh, what the hell, I don't care," and laughed her infectious laugh. Nichole and Bryan's daughter Sophia petted Miles, and chatted up Lillian, and best of all, my birthday baby smiled at his mom, Jenn.
And no one called anyone a jackass, or said "In my country, they'd cut your throat for a gun like that!" or "You'll wake up dead!". I'm just sayin'. Some things have changed.

XOXO
HM

No comments: