Friday, December 15, 2006

Don't Panic!!

I am not dead under a tree. The Queenview was dark and cold this morning though, and last night was a bit of an adventure. In general, I have gotten very little sleep this week as a result of the wind that I keep describing as the sound of a vacuum cleaner being run all night long outside my windows and... other things. The ways that I have personally suffered in the last 24 hours include:

- 2 hour drive home in torrential, windshield wipers on high still can't keep up kind-of rains
- watching the Seahawks, oh, it was shameful, oh the misery!
- taking a cold cold shower this morning
- no Fiore! power out! no coffee! how am I even alive right now?
- utter exhaustion today
- migraine most of the last 3 days

Oh, that's all true, but of course you all realize that I realize how little suffering my life includes. I am sorry that there have been deaths and lots of property loss in this storm, and that lots of people will be out of power for an estimated 3-4 more days. Still, I couldn't help but be in in an excellent mood today, in spite of the my minor suffering. In fact, today it's almost as though I ran across a carnival on a back road and stopped to ride the ferris wheel. You know I love the ferris wheel. Almost as much as lattes.

No comments: