Thursday, December 28, 2006

Fun with Fake Food

Mmmm... fakey

So, in my new life of no sugar and no carbs and no coffee and TOTAL virtuousness, I have come to realize that there was just one thing that I was really, reeeeeaaaallllly missing.

Spaghetti and meatballs.

See, I could have the sauce and the meatballs (organic, non-hormone fed turkey meatballs but still!) However, the spaghetti part of it was out of the question. Even whole wheat spaghetti which - lets just admit it - isn't really the same thing or nearly as good anyways, is beyond me.

I also can't really have the glass of deliciously succulent tangy red wine that should go with the spaghetti and meatballs. Egh.

Suffer suffer suffer

In the sugar free non-sweets eating thing I have been fine. I don't even eat the fake sweet things because a) I don't usually like the fake taste and b) the last thing my body needs is more chemicals.

But in the lack of pasta thing I am suffering. Okay, the lack of bread sucks too.

So last night, in a desperate attempt to quell the craving, I made spaghetti squash with meatballs and I have to say, it worked. Spaghetti squash tastes nothing like actual spaghetti, but it worked.

And spaghetti squash is surprisingly fun food too. Fun to make that is. But that's because it is really so weird. I mean, squash that comes out looking like spaghetti?

And I had a nice glass of seltzer with tri-berry juice as my fake wine. Mmmm... tangy.

Mmmm... purty

Then this morning I had some delicious tea with a fake flower floating in it and that was good too! Not only was it delicious and entertaining for me, but people kept stopping by and asking me what I was drinking. It was the Heaven Blossom.

It was fun food too! I mean, it was fun to watch it blossom. Thank you for such a cool gift!

So it seems that I will live, despite the dire dietary restrictions.

I even had the energy to brave the Saks After Christmas Sale... which is another story.

No comments: