Wednesday, December 27, 2006

So this is Christmas...


So I feel as though I have evaporated into this haze of regular work, book design work, holiday shopping and doctors appointments. I don't even know where the time goes, but I am shocked at how long it's been since I was here!

Christmas in Vermont was fun. We had Christmas Eve in Connecticut with Euge's Aunt and Uncle and their kids and Carolyn and Ernie. They do an epic italian dinner with frutta di mare, antipasti, linguini with clam sauce, lobster, baby artichokes and tenderloin. Accompanied by vats of red wine. Followed by all the Christmas cookies you could conceive of consuming.

It was fun, but I have to imagine that the entertainment of watching a two-year-old slosh around in mary jane galoshes outstrips the semi-drunken antics of Euge's younger cousin.

And, of course, I couldn't have the linguini or the cookies, but man did I destroy the frutta di mare, lobster and tenderloin.

Then we drove up to Vermont with Ernie and Carolyn. We got in super late and I didn't get up Christmas morning until alomost ten AM.

Can you imagine that EVER happening when we were kids?

So, Euge mucked around all day on his woodshop that he's building, see above. He's got the roof on now. I mucked around in the house - and decorated our tree with the ornaments Mom sent!

And shockingly, none of us opened any presents until dinner time.

And then I got all sorts of good stuff. And that was just like Christmas! I got gold bangles from Carolyn and a beautiful ring that could knock your eye out from Euge. I got earrings and socks and lip stuff and a wine stopper and a gift certificate for books from Mom... and apparently I have more goodies arriving this week!

Christmas all week long!

I got your package with the blooming teas, which I can't wait to try - but I needed to ask you if they were decaf or not... and I got about 15 pounds of South Dakota snack foods from Grandma Ellen - lots of cheese and moose sausage! You know how I lurve me some sausage!

And soon, fingers crossed, my vacuum cleaner - just like Dakota's thankyouverrrymuch - will arrive from Grandma Lois.

Hee! A vacuum cleaner!

Anyhoo, I am very happy with my Christmas. Even if there wasn't any snow.

Hopefully there will be some for New Years, and I will watch it fall as I sit in front of the fire, snacking on some moose. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Put down that moose and help me! I'm locked out of the blog! Help! I can't post! Must post! Let me in!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I feel better, I posted here at my knit blog. Whew!