Saturday, December 09, 2006

Home Alone


Above is the logo from my Mean Eyed Hello Kitty tank top.

Eugene has the camera, so I am reduced to using clips of old photos - sorry.

I don't know where you are! Maybe you are in Portland. Maybe you are home already.

How's the pet carpet? How are the lads at Cafe Fiorre? Do you like your prezzies?

I liked your prezzies.

Any hoo, I am here in the city this weekend because I had to stay for some blood tests.

Woohoo.

It's amazing I have any blood left. I thought it only took a little blood to do tests - that's what it looks like on CSI anyways. From me they need gallons of the stuff apparently.

In the office at the lab they had a sign about restraing patients who are 'squirmy around needles.' Good thing I'm not squirmy, right?

Eugene had to go up to Vermont to work on his building project - hopefully he will have it all closed in before the heavy snows start but... it's pretty frikkin' cold in the Northeast right now.

I just hope he doesn't freeze off any important appendages.

I was v. impressed by myself today. Did my blood drawing. Went to brunch with my girlfriend HK and her friend Alex at the extremely delicious Cookshop.

You may be surprised to find out that duck confit with salad and walnuts is within the parameters of my new diet. And some delish mint tea. It's not so tragic!

Motivated to go to the gym afterwards. Got driven home by HK in her very neat Prius. Wrote some Christmas cards. Put some clothes away and did some dishes.

Okay, perhaps not so impressive really, but an improvement over my sitting around on my ass because I have been sick all week, no?

Tomorrow morening I have a pilates class at 10:15, then I may commence with some Christmas shopping. And maybe I will go up to the Met - I love the Met at Christmas.

Mostly though I am just planning to piiiiiiiiiiiiine for Eugene.

And sweet Joseph's baby lips. I pine for those too.

And you! I pine for you!

xoxo
Ali Posted by Picasa

No comments: