Sunday, December 10, 2006

It's Official, I'm Home


I think the Bobby-made latte above confirms it. Back to rain, my view of the Puget Sound, watching the Seahawks while the chicken roasts with new potatoes, red pearl onions, carrots (they're not just for horses) and sweet onions from Ballard Market and evening walks on Queen Anne.

Shack's socks in progress at the ranch

Yesterday I felt blue about being home, but in retrospect the past few days of settling in have been really nice. Steven and I had sushi dinner my first night back, which was perfect because whenever I thought of my first night back in Seattle I thought about how happy I would be to be back in my neighborhood, where sushi is just down the street at Ototo. Then Shack and Andy made my latte in the morning. After two months they even remembered to add the sugar to my single shot of espresso (okay, Shack remembered, Andy didn't, but that's pretty much what you expected, isn't it?). I gave Shack the socks I made for her, and Andy's eyes got real big as he told me "I met your sister... she kind-of freaked me out!" His hair looked very fancy and made you want to touch it. I think he might be, like, the 2006 Queen Anne Hill version of Shaun Cassidy, what do you think? I wonder if he even knows who Shaun Cassidy is.

Ballard Art

Then Susan and I spent a day together, wandering around Ballard, having sushi for lunch (of course) and going into Lucca (for sparkly apartment decorations), Sonic Boom and Velouria. (which reminds me, what do you want for Christmas, Ali?) Oh, and we also yelled at the TV for a while. This is a tradition we have. Okay, I have. Susan doesn't really yell at the TV, but I'm sorry, those bitches on America's Next Top Model - are you kidding me? We also went to Ken's Market for hot chocolate.

Hmm... what else? I got to go to Mirah's baby shower, and see Rachel and Madelyn and my baby Rhone. Kirstin hosted, so of course it was a sparkling candlelit affair even though it was held in the middle of the afternoon. Rhone is getting really big. He smiled at me and held my hand and I took oodles of photos of him. I think he, Joseph and Jenn's little man are going to make Garfield High School class of 2024 (or whatever) a devastating year for the ladies. Hee hee!

I also went in to the book store and saw Lillian, who made me smile and convinced me to buy a lemur. Her powers of persuasion are formidable. And, ooh, I got to surprise Gena, Pam and Erin at Erin's holiday/birthday party last night, while also accomplishing my Ballard Market shopping trip. Every year Erin and her hunky husband Bob have a party where their friends (who absolutely PACK their little Ballard home) bring toys to donate to Treehouse, an organization that works to improve the lives of foster kids in Seattle.

In between all of these activities, I did some unpacking and fiddling around with my things, including my lovely gifts, thank you so very much Ali! You know what I love. There's more, but I'm going to call it a night here. I have to figure out what exactly to wear to work tomorrow... I don't think deerskin gloves and dirty hair is going to work anymore.

XOXO
H

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!

Pip
www.pipandtom.com