Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What a Winter Should Look Like



The house was all cute when we got in Friday night. It snowed big flakes and, by the time we got up on Saturday, it was a winter wonderland. It was so cute, I had to take a polaroid for you.

Because everything is cuter in a polaroid, right?

And indeed we did hit the slopes this weekend. And, verily, they were hard packed and fast! Not as fast as "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy." But pretty fast.

Hermann Maier fast.

I took it easy, since I wouldn't want the hormones and whatnot that we've been pumping into me to go to waste. No black diamonds. No tearing down the mountain as fast as possible. No tree runs (it helped that there was no snow in the trees.) No terrain park.

Hee, I say that as though I ever go into the terrain park! I don't even go into the baby terrain park, and it has nothing to do with its most unfortunate name - Jiblet. It is because I am a chicken, yo! No jiblets for me!

Eugene patiently waited for me at the bottom of each run. I think he was happy for the break. Telemarking is definitely way more of a workout than snowboarding. All those deep knee lunges and whatnot. Good for the booty! Yay for his booty!

We met up with some friends for a couple of runs and then headed back to the house for dinner. I was so wiped out by the time we got there, that I had to take and hour-long nap before I could summon the energy to cook.

I made a lovely roast pork loin (from the Silver Spoon cookbook) and chopped spinach (from the nice people with the freezers over at Birdseye.) We watched a DVD of Lost, Season 2 and fell asleep around ten.

Woohoo! Skihouse! Partay! Psych!

Sunday, we both moaned about how sore we were. Euge assuaged his pain by working on his shed (ah, the sweet narcotic of power tools!) I lazed around on the couch, drinking yogi tea and reading through the Slim Aarons books that Mom gave me last year.

Oh, and I made use of my lovely new vacuum cleaner. You could eat off them floors now! Yum, right?

We managed to go to the mountain for another two hours in the afternoon, but it was a pretty weak rally. Five runs and we were both ready to pack it in. The ten degree weather and wind chill was doing exactly zero for our aches and pains.

We're getting old. I better start working on that list soon, right?

No comments: