Sunday, February 25, 2007

What Happens When You Give a One-Year-Old Sugar



One of the social events I managed to make it to this week was Rhone's first birthday. Remember the post with him in the rainbow blankie I knit? That was one of my first entries here. He was super cute doing the cupcake-mushed-into-my-face look that is the style amongst birthday boys his age.

Today, I feel a little like he looks in this photo because my manuscript submission is finally posted at my writing group's web site now. This was a tough one, and the twenty meager pages I submitted are not my best, but the good news is that working on the manuscript this time was more of a holistic thing. I'm starting to get a feel for how things might progress and the pieces are starting to have a more solid-feeling order than ever before. It's hard to submit those changes, since usually they involve taking 5 page chunks and moving them around to see how they fit together, which would mean people are reading the same sentences as they've read before, just in different places.

Tonight we're off to see Josh Ritter at the Showbox, and then I have a couple days where I can take it easy before I leave on a jet plane for Pt Reyes.

Hope you had a great weekend Allison! Love you and can't wait to see you!

1 comment:

K said...

oH, the Showbox! Last time I was there was when I went to that all ages Modest Mouse show. That's a very good way to not be able to forget that you're a mom - going to an all ages show, at my age. Just the footwear alone. Your show sounds like it will have not as many drama club geeks, as mine did. I'm imaginging a lot of dark clothing, fewer backpacks.