Friday, April 27, 2007

Photobooth Friday!

Regular readers know that I love Photobooth Friday, hosted by Hula Seventy. Some of you have been subjected to the photobooth experience recently in the last few months - it was one of my 35 things to do before I turn 36, after all. I think Amber's the last on my list of targets and she's all mine this weekend. Sweet.

This strip of me and Susan came from one of the new-fangled machines, digital, I think, and, well, I have to admit, we had a little bit of trouble trying to work the thing. As you can see from the photos. Yeah. We kinda got it together for the last one, though. Just for the record, we've been taking photobooth pics together since approximately 1983. That's... yeah. A long time. A lifetime. A fun, but not always pretty lifetime. I've got a great one where I have a huge chiffon bow on my head, from the same year I bought Madonna's first album on tape. I listened to it a kajillion times on my walkman on the car ride home from our annual trip up to Vancouver to shop for school clothes.

But you didn't need to know all that. The day we took this strip, we were on a long walk, from my apartment on Queen Anne, down to Pike Place Market where I bought one of those huge bouquets you only pay, like, $7 for. I tried to get some of those mini-donuts, another thing I've been into since about 1983, but it was too late in the day. I've been craving them ever since.

Then we went to Sephora and looked at lip glosses that cost $20 before deciding that since boys don't really like gooey lips anyway, we (I) might as well just wait and get the $5 version at the drugstore.

Then we took the monorail!

Look, here we are.

Tourists in our own town, and you know how I love that. I'm still mad that I couldn't talk her into air hockey at the Fun Forest though. And why do I always leave my annual pass to the Space Needle at home? I gotta get that thing tattooed on or something. If only there were such a thing as a Lifetime Pass. I'd do it. You know I would! In any case, Amber's not leaving town without a trip up to the top of the needle, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Roger_Paw said...

wow, i just found myself getting totally sucked up into your posts. i especially like your craft exhibit photos. thanks for the peek into your lives. all the best.

LadyGripe said...

I think that the digital photo booths are criminlal! When will you post our photobooth pictures from NY????