Thursday, May 17, 2007

Favorite Places, Favorite People



There's still a lot I haven't written about from the NY trip. Both of the trips, really. That's how New York is, there's no way to fit it all in. I never see all the people I want to, or eat all the meals that I'd like to... hey, by the way, are we turning into a food blog? No fair! How am I supposed to play when my diet just makes me look like a big jerk? Writing about the carbonara I'm dying to try at Prune just doesn't really seem right when there's no pasta in your life...

But that's not what I was going to say. I wanted to say more about these visits, and how great it has been to see all my favorite New York people. All the love made every day feel like one of those days when the sun is shining and you walk into Freeman's and they seat you at that great table in the window and bring you something lovely in those old fashioned champagne glasses. Favorite places are like favorite people in that they both make you feel like there is nowhere else in the world you would rather be. Which explains why I've made Allison go back to Freeman's with me at least three times in the last two months. Hee!

Love you Ali!
H