Monday, May 28, 2007

Little Faces

The window box in my bedroom is doing so well. The closer to the west side of the building the window boxes get, the more the window boxes are suffering, which means that the one in my living room doesn't look happy at all, and to be honest, I think we might be starting over again once I get back from New York.

This is a funny time in my life, neither here nor there. I feel like I'm just waiting for my trip to NYC on Wednesday, and then, there's the other big trip right after that. Have I mentioned that here? I won't say any more yet, just to build the suspense (shh... Ali, I know you know). Not really a time in life when you feel like you can get any routines going, or when you feel like you have time to see the people you want to see. We've talked about how little sympathy there is for my life of leisure, which is fine and all, but really I just have to tell you all that no matter what you do in life, there really is a little trade-off you are going to be making somewhere. That's the nature of life here on earth where we are mortal and imperfect. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all complaining, I'm just noting something, since it is my nature to note things. What I am noting is that I miss having some little routines, I miss feeling like the relationships in my life can develop instead of feeling like things are on hold because of my travel.

Having said that, I have to also say how happy I am that I've been able to spend so much time with you recently, Allison. I'm looking forward to chilling out at the place in Vermont and seeing your other life, and to hanging out with Dad and Lucia. I think May 31st through June 8th is going to be a true Summer Vacation. I've got the little dresses and sandals ready for it! I know, I know, I need tennis shoes too. Fine!

The other thing I have to note here is an upcoming deadline. In mid-June we have another deadline for my writing group. The novel is pretty much dormant just now (though I don't at all expect it to stay that way) so I've been working on a couple different short stories, but they are really in no shape to be read or commented on, so this NY trip is going to be different from the others for me. I've accepted the fact that I may not turn anything in this time around (if I don't, this will be the first time I've done that) but I'm still going to take the time in NY to try and get some writing done. We'll see how that works out!

No comments: