Friday, September 28, 2007

All hail the bump - cuz it's my birthday and I said so!

Isn't black slimming? Thanks for the cute top, Mom!
I really should have worn a scarf. I look V. under-accessorized..


So it's my birthday, yay me!

I have had a lovely day so far - I got pain au chocolate and a decaf latte at the 13th street espresso place. Oh, so very yummy! For lunch I am having leftover mac and cheese that I made with sauteed mushrooms and pancetta - also yum, if I do say so myself. It's my birthday - so I can do that!

I got lovely birthday cards from all the usual suspects, and weeks ago I got packages of maternity clothes from mom (see shirt in photo above!).

Of course, we already know that what I really want won't be here for months yet.

Tonight, Eugene's mom, Carolyn, and her husband, Ernie, are passing through town on their way to a wedding. So they are taking us to Il Buco for dinner, which will be deelisheeous.

After, we are meeting with friends at Tokyo Bar - taking advantage of my current mobility and the limited months of freedom that I have left. Can there be a better place to celebrate than a bar with cartoons on the walls and rebel bartenders from Angel Share?

Any hoo, I wish you were here, because I think we'd have such a fun time, but I will try to carry on without you.

I'm really looking forward to the Safe Sex on the Beach. Hee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooohhhh, what a lovely "bump"! You sound like you are about recovered from your bug!
I hope you are.
I'll be glad to be home on Monday. Enough said for now.
XOXO,
Mummy, at the Yak & Yeti Hotel in Kathmandu.

Barb said...

Allison, Eat all the chocolate you want now because there will come a day when those babies are so high up in your body and your stomach is so compressed that a single Hershey's kiss will give you excruciating heartburn. Oh how I miss my chocolate... and my lattes and my red wine and my hot bubble baths.

You look adorable. A very cute pregnant woman. I love it.

Dakota said...

beeeeee oooooo tee full!