Thursday, December 06, 2007

Still Doesn't Explain What's Up With MY Hair!

Mo at the studio

I went back to my writing space yesterday. I might as well admit it, I've only been there a handful of times since starting my job. The writing has picked up a bit since the Tomales Bay week, but if you've been reading here regularly for a while, you've probably noticed that the blog has been a little bare. When the blog is bare, it often means there isn't much writing happening at all.

There are some benefits to not writing now, it turns out. Since I haven't spent much time at the studio recently, the smell, the sound the plywood floors make, the view out the window, all of those things brought summer back to me and that made being there surprisingly delicious. And seeing how little I'm writing now has made me realize that the time off was more productive than I realized. I was so busy being afraid that I wasn't being productive enough that I didn't see how truly unproductive I can be.

Still. I'm doing things a little differently these days, because I don't think I want to be as unproductive as all that. So, I've been home almost every night this week, and last night I was asleep before ten - that's almost unheard of for me, right? I'm making room for things, reorganizing, turning string into things. I'm liking the string things, the string things are good. We'll just see about the writing.

No comments: