Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Home Again

Back to the ranch at 6AM tomorrow. I've never had a home away from home before, but now, there's the ranch, the family of dogs, the community of women I write with, and those things count. The story I'm taking to workshop is half-baked, not ready to go, overdue, but hey - fun to work on, hopeful, at least. We'll make do with that.

I loved the last story too much, that's the truth. As a short-story writer, I'm easily derailed. Love the last story too much? Hard to commit to the next one. Discouraged by the failure of the last story? Still hard to commit to the next. 

Same as love, really. Just like love.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I'm missing you all already. I'm counting on you to post photos, and I can't wait to read your story. I hope you'll post it (or email it to me). Say hi to the ranch for me.