Friday, October 10, 2008

What goes on here


A little clue as to why it was time to separate the boys...


The last week has been hectic.

I feel like I am always saying that these days. And yet it always seems to be true.

It was hectic in the best possible way, with Dad and Lucia visiting. I have some great photos and video, but just haven't been able to find the time or energy to download them, much less post them. There's a lot to be said about the adventures we had during their visit. Which will have it's own post.

While they were here, we moved the boys to their own room, which also deserves it's own post.

But first I have to remove the aerobed that I have been sleeping on and take photos of it. Actually, first I have to get used to the idea of sleeping in a separate room from them... then remove the aerobed... then take pictures....

But I digress.

The new room and separate cribs has made for sleep disorientation - Thomas misses Max... Max seems to be doing just fine. That may have something to do with Thomas's proclivity for kicking Max in his sleep... See photo above.

Max getting back at Thomas.

Sleep disorientation makes for sleep deprivation... makes for poor blog writing. Makes for feelings of hectic-ness. Work being busy, apartment being messy, blah blah blah... economy failing, presidential debates and whatnot.

I have a million excuses, did I mention the hectic-ness?

Any hoo, the one non-hectic light at the end of this week is that I ordered the boys' halloween costumes.

The. Cutest. Costumes. E.V.E.R.

I spent more $$ than a mama in this recession should. But - I swear - I will keep these costumes forever.

Plus next year I might not be able to get them to dress how I want them to dress.

Behold Max's Frog costume:
And Thomas's Monkey costume:

I predict that they will be criminally cute.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Isn't "hecticness" the new state of equilibrium when you have infants? It will get easier. Even with two. I promise. A little sleep goes a long way. Stop paying attention to the markets and the election and watch those boys laugh while spitting sweet potatoes across the room and everything is right with the world again. And if that doesn't work, give yourself permission to let others help and take a day off and sleep.

(Love the costumes and can't wait to see them on the boys. Sam may be going to a Halloween party as a pile of dirty laundry in a basket as that's all I can afford right now.)

Anonymous said...

I think these "costumes" look warm enough to double as winter snow suits- making them a bargain and a sure source of attention where ever they may go. Yes, these are a wardrobe addition that needs to be photographed often everywhere! Good find Ali-Mama.
XOXO,
Mamala