Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tis the Season!

Tis the season for insanity!

Every year, the holidays fall at the same time - it's no mystery! And yet, every year I find myself behind the eight-ball struggling to get things out the door and afraid that I am falling short.

This year is no exception.

I ordered some of my holiday gifts as early as the beginning of November and yet, here it is December 19th and they aren't in the mail yet.

We bought a Christmas tree last Sunday and it doesn't even have lights on it yet.

Were having 15 people for dinner Christmas Eve and I have 5 chairs. And two high chairs for the boys... but that still leaves me 8 chairs short. I see a trip to Target in my very near future.

I won't even mention what a complete pigsty the apartment is currently. Except for the areas that Nanny Claudia keeps clean, of course. The boys' room is spotless. You could eat off of the living room carpet. I wouldn't like for you to, but you could.

I'm just sayin'.

Argh! I haven't bought a single gift for the boys yet. Though, I think if I just wrapped some magazines and let them go to town ripping them apart, that would probably be their most favorite present. Ever.

On the plus side of all this craziness, I am really excited for the boys' first Christmas. Not that they will know it - probably Christmas 2010 will be the first time they are aware of all the hoopla. This year, I think they will mostly be aware of all the extra strange people around.

And the noise, oh I am sure they will be aware of the noise. Eugene's family = high decibel levels...

And Christmas = Crazymaking.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I just cannot believe how cute those boys are. Who cares if the tree isn't decorated and people have to eat off the living room floor? Who will notice with those cute boys around? :) I hope you find some time to relax and enjoy the holidays.