Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My contribution to economizing

A small selection of the things we threw out from the old apartment... not including books.

When we moved last year there were lots of boxes of books.

Enough that the movers felt they needed to comment on it. And especially for an apartment the size of our old apartment.

I justified it by saying that they were books that I would re-read. And, you know what? That is what I am doing now.

I don't make any claims that I read great literature - I will leave War and Peace to you, darling, - but it is interesting to re-read something that you liked ten or fifteen years ago and see how time and life have given you a different perspective on something you once loved.

You may love it again, but for different reasons.

You may wonder why you loved it in the first place. In fact, you may not be sure that you actually READ it in the first place.

Anyways, that's what I am doing for the family economy. Re-reading the books of my early twenties.

At least until I have time to go to the library.

No comments: