Friday, October 26, 2012

How things are different

:: The Lucky D, back in Edison ::

My New York trip has been so good. It seems a small miracle to me that I can tell the difference between the twins now, not that they look so different, but their personalities are usually capable of giving them away. After dinner one night when everyone had pajamas on and had eaten up their spaghetti and meatballs, Thomas backed his little butt into my lap as I sat cross legged on the floor working on the pirate ship I bought them for their early Christmas present. I still don't have the kind of rank that would allow me to keep Max from running after his mom as she heads down to the basement to put clothes in the dryer, but if she's in the room, sometimes I can get shoes on the twin that she isn't currently dressing. I'm allowed to make toaster waffles and serve them cut up in little pieces with peanut butter and maple syrup, and I am allowed to spoon yogurt into mouths in order to hasten the school preparations. This is good progress.

Today is my last day and then it's home.

No comments: