Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My Laydeez


OMG - you are a total sock hound!

I like the haiku observances - I like to write haikus. Just to send a message or apologize or be silly. A haiku is a great way to be silly. That and Snoop Dogging your e-mail. That's fun too.

What's going on here?

I am feeling a bit tubby, so I sent and bought trail running shoes so that I can run in VT. I don't love running in the city, but I have liked running in the woods before - so we'll see how that goes. Of course, the minute I get a crazy look from one of my neighbors I may bail... or go to the national park to run. We'll see.

Tonight I am meeting the cute baby in the picture above. His name is Declan and his Mommie is Brooke... who was one of my bridal friends.

I don't remember if you knew about my WC Laydeez.

I met them all online at the weddingchannel, when I was planning our wedding. I didn't know anyone else getting married in the city, and didn't want to drive my non-wedding planning friends insane, so I went on the boards for the New York area and met all these great women. They were all getting married around the same time as me and they had a lot of great resources - so I didn't have to do as much research.

We would get together for drinks and talk about our plans, our relationships, our jobs, our tiaras and underwear - just whatever. And I am still friends with them. And they are still great.

So, tonight I get to see Brooke, who is beautiful and a sports TV producer and has run the marathon... and I get to meet her cute baby. And Rebecca might be there. She is wicked funny and enthusiastic and generous. She makes crazy rice crispy treats and likes her margritas. And she turned the wedding planning into a business. I designed her logo.

But right now I have to go rehydrate and do an exceedingly boring online tutorial about a web-site authoring program.

No comments: