Friday, June 16, 2006
Five Things About Me? Yikes
First let me say that I think it is hilarious that you are carting around my stuff and here I am still living with stuff of yours... in the recent closet cleaning I found numerous pairs of your vintage heels. And I am pretty sure that there are a number of your journals and possibly your diploma from St. Johns around here somewhere.
What to do? What to do? I don't know how anything will be resolved in July, since I won't actually set foot in the city of Seattle. Can it wait until Thanksgiving when I will be there for a whole week?
In any case... five recent things for me...
1) I went cruise clothing shopping today at lunch and was painfully reminded of why I hate to shop. It is so bad for the self-esteem. I just feel like a totally fat blubber belly now. Thanks J.Crew! Thanks Saks!
Was there a scientific study of how to make The. Most. Unflattering. Lighting. Possible? Is this some plot against any woman who isn't a size 0? Is that why all the sundresses I liked were only available in size 0?
The only clothes I want to buy now are mumus and caftans. Like Britney y'all.
2) Speaking of the Britney. I TiVoed the interview... so don't feel too bad. I am planning on going home and watching it. Hopefully her gum-chewing, thick-necked whorishness will make me feel better about my food baby.
3) I had pasta with fresh sugar snap peas from the Farmers Market for dinner last night. Yum.
4) I will be doing more roofing work this weekend. Fun!
5) Our friend Dave Zebrowski had an opening at a bar last night and shockingly the painting he displayed was not of a nude Kate Moss (see above for reference) which I was sure was his favorite subject. Besides himself, of course.
I was shocked. Shocked and amused.
But that's because I am mean-spirited and petty.
Posted by LadyGripe at 6/16/2006