Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Surreal Day at the Malcolm Sisters Blog


Wow, what a dream. I just don't even know what to say. Though I do like the idea of decorating using cute handknit baby sweaters. I'm worried - is the lion Jesus? You know, like in the chronicles of Narnia.

In other mysterious news today, Nate sent me the photo above, with the note below:

I thought you would appreciate this note that someone left me outside my house. When I came out to take this photo, an old woman was reading it. She asked me if I was the "handsome math nerd" and I said I supposed I probably was. When I told her I had no idea who wrote it, she said she was just imagining who it might be and where she would live and what kind of woman she would grow up to be. All I know is that who ever it is knows where I live, what I do for a living, and as Jackie-Rae pointed out, is able to acquire and make use of chalk.

He is so right, I did appreciate the note. But I couldn't really read the text in the photo above, so when I asked what it said, he told me this:

It reads:
Oh, handSOME
MATH NERD!!
... AND ALL I
REALLY WANT
TO KNOW WHY
THERE LECHEROUS
EYES AND NOT
YOURS?!

I believe an 'IS' should be supplied in line 5.

So, figure that one out, while you're at it.

1 comment:

LadyGripe said...

You think that Eugene was trying to feed the baby jesus peanut butter with his fingertips? I'm crazier than I thought!

The baby sweaters were painfully cute. And very design-y looking but organic at the same time.

I find the sidewalk poem/statement very intriguing... though I think that the 'there' is actually 'their' - which helps it make more sense.

Somebody wants him to look at them! I just can't decide if I think it is cute or stalker-sh...