Monday, September 25, 2006

Yes, Susan, you can be Oprah


I'm really wanting to blog. I am missing the blogging. I have ideas for blogging. Here are some of them:

- Mom, and how she's interesting, and has the best bathtub ever, complete with photos of her place in LaConner, where I could have taken a jillion photos.

- Knitting update. Dammit! Why didn't I take a photo of those mittens I made for Bobby? I'll have to do that before I leave town... I know you all are waiting for a knitting update, and want to see more photos of the Colorado Yarn Stash that I've got going on, and those mittens turned out almost as purdy as the boy who's going to wear them.

- What I was listening to when I was sixteen. This is the theme for the latest CD from my writing group. Right now, my top song selections include: Bring on the Dancing Horses by Echo & the Bunnymen, Brand New Day by the Eurythmics, Close to You by the Cure, Greetings to the New Brunette by Billy Bragg and You're the Best Thing by Style Council. There is a whole post that goes along with these choices, about how in 1988 (oh no, now you all know how old I am!) I was living in my scungey little apartment, and there was a lot of music listening done on the bus with a walkman, and how my boyfriend was 25 and claimed to have the largest lunchbox collection in Seattle, and also had pinball machines in his apartment and how I thought Mod Boys were the coolest.

But the truth is, none of those entries can really get written now, because for the moment I am too busy and distracted and behind on everything, but soon, very soon, I will not be busy at all, in any way. I will not be behind on anything, or have anything to do. I can't wait.

But first, Susan gets to be Oprah on the road trip. I just pray to God that she lets me play music in the car! Can't wait to see how she looks in cornrows... but I'm still not kissing her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I get to be Oprah!! I get to wear cornrows!!!

We is gonna have fun.....

LadyGripe said...

What does it mean to be Oprah????

You is goingto have fun for sure.

You better have more blogging time!