Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch

It snowed last night!
Do you ever wonder what kind of a sleep schedule you would get into if you didn't have to work at all? I wondered about that before I got here, and had some suspicions which have turned out to be correct.
Left to my own devices, I will stay up until 4AM and sleep until noon.
I did wake up once before noon, to let the dogs out, and when I did, the photo above was what I found. I'm pretty blind without my contacts, so I really couldn't see exactly what everything looked like - all I saw was white and that clear blue, enough to know that it was time to document. So I got my camera and went out in my PJs to take some photos, then went back to bed. I think it was worth getting up for, don't you?

Me and the pack on our way to give the horses their vitamins

When I finally got up around noon, this was what it looked like. After I made sure the horses had water and gave them their vitamins, I came back inside and made myself some breakfast, did a little writing (yes, it's a small miracle!), tidied up a little, did some sock knitting, and then made myself some dinner. I can't remember the last time I made myself dinner, you know, the kind that actually involves ingredients, cutting things up, a stove... turns out I'm not so bad at it.

1 comment:

LadyGripe said...

I was so worried you would starve to death! You know that top ramen with ham and celery and vinegar added don't actually equate to a meal right?

Though actually, I did used to love that... hmmm....

I am jealous of your snow! I have already started dreaming of snow though I know we won't see it for another month at least. Instead we are headed to sunny Austin this weekend. I'll say hi to Chris, Clay's brother, for you. We finally get to seethe Mean Eyed Cat! Hee!

xoxo
Ali