Sunday, November 19, 2006

Are You There Yet?

Me on the back porch. I don't think I've ever shown you the back porch, have I?
Dear Ali,

Well, in theory you are there in Seattle now, at my place! I hope you enjoy your stay. I'm sad that the first time you see my apartment, I won't even be there. Did mom tell you that I don't want any Christmas presents this year - all I want if for you and Eugene to hang my pictures. That can't be too hard, right? Lots of them are leaning against various walls in the apartment, then there are a bunch more underneath the chest of drawers in the living room, including that white wall sculpture thing that I love so much. I want to hang that in my bedroom.

Okay, I know it's just a fantasy. But it's a good one!
Our day here was a pretty relaxed one. I did some very uninspired writing, knitted all the way to the toe of a red sock, and listened to the fantastic Laura Cantrell while I did some cleaning. Everything is starting to get a little nostalgic here, since I only have about two weeks left here. How am I going to live without these dogs?!? I'm going to have to console myself with the fact that my floors will be easy to clean and no one is going to come rest their chin on my bed at 6AM to get me to let them out.
I hope you can blog from Seattle! I want to hear all about your trip.

XOXO

H


No comments: