Saturday, November 18, 2006

Ranch Report Day 48

Well, Mrs. Naughty Claus, while you were out shopping for something to rekindle the yule log, we had much more wholesome, home-on-the-range things going on here in Colorado. Like sock knitting. The pair on the left in the photo above is a pair I sent out in the mail today, but the other two are pairs I knit for myself a while ago. I had this burst of energy this morning after I found out I was going to get to bring Rose home, so I did laundry and changed the cover on the couch and swept the floors and it was all very domestic and lovely. I am sort-of good at taking care of the beings I love when I need to be.

And the beings I love are also good at taking care of me, as evidenced by oh-my-god the mail today! It was spectacular, truly. It has been ever since I got here. I think I've received more snail mail in the past three weeks than I had the previous three years. Look!


Here's something you might not know about craft bloggers, Ali - they tend to show off their mail. They have good mail, really good mail, things with hamsters on them, books with super-cute crafty photos, but that you can only read if you know Japanese, hedgehogs, jewels, lustrous fibers. There's an art to photographing these things, and I'm sorry to say that of all the things I have managed to take photos of recently, my mail is not one of them. Which is a shame, because I got this great photo of Joseph from Dakota, and the best Craft mag from Lillian, and licorice Scotties and tea and oils and ayurvedic things from Jenn, and little japanese notebooks from mom, and of course, I still don't have a good photo of the Mean-Eyed Cat hoodie. But I will get to all of this. And the huge package that Kirstin sent too... photos of her and the kids, earrings that Emily Baker (who, you may remember, is her cousin) made, and best of all, a button bracelet made by Madelyn. The point is I am very spoiled, just like the craft bloggers. If you are reading this, and you sent me mail here, oh, I love you. How I love you!

Speaking of craft bloggers, today our blog got mentioned on a blog I really like. I love that! You should check out Klosekraft, especially the black cashmere turtleneck she knitted, or the Sgt. Pepper jacket - also knitted! That thing is knitted! Out of control.

Which leads me to my last bit - here's the most out of control thing that happened at the ranch today....

Me, taking laundry off the line, in my pajamas, and rubber boots (which, sadly, you can't see in this self-timer shot). After I did all my cleaning and got the dogs all taken care of and the mail opened, of course that seemed like a nice time for a bath in the big red bathtub, especially with my new magazine with the knitted robot dolls on the cover. And after a bath, the only thing to wear is pajamas. So, that was what I was wearing when I realized that the wind was picking up and there was still laundry on the line that was in danger of falling in the mud. White laundry. I love those pajamas - can you see? That pattern is skulls, pink and brown skulls with hearts for eyes. Love them.

Hey - I hope you have a great time at my nest in Seattle! XOXO H

2 comments:

PictureThiz said...

Hey! Great socks. My sister in law specializes in them and she is always coming up with new ones. I love the beautiful view and great pictures of the ranch. Just stopped in through "view next blog" and you have a great site.

Anonymous said...

wow, nice jammies
they seem to fit nicely