Friday, April 20, 2007

Open Toed Shoes At Last!


Let's talk about the weather, shall we? One thing I am loving about my life these days is how important the weather is to me. When I worked in an office every day, I didn't care too much what the weather was like. In fact, I often said that it was sort-of nice that it rains so much here, since it kept me from feeling like I was missing anything. Now, so much depends on the weather. Whether I'm in Portland, New York, London, Seattle, wherever. Weather, and shoes.

That's because I've been taking walks almost every day. For the most part, Seattle has been cooperating, though I rarely leave the house without some kind of rain jacket with me. I can't wait until I can forego the rain gear and go out in a summer dress. I'm obsessed with summer dresses - I've bought five in as many weeks.

All of which will be perfect for evenings at Sambar this summer. Ah, Sambar. I hate to even put the link here, because there are only four seats at the bar, and I want one of them to be mine at all times. I'll take the risk here though, since there are more than a few of you readers who I would be happy to have beside me on any given night. Tonight I was there for five hours. Five! I have to admit, I was exhausted by the end of it. That's a long time to be charming, even for me. It's a long time to be drinking too, but don't anyone freak out about my habits quite yet. Susan and I had dinner there, and there were fruity non-alcoholic drinks, and frites and sturgeon with Peter, and then dessert and hot tea at the end. And of course, a few of Jay's magical concoctions spread out over the course of the evening. Peter the chemist took one look at Jay and said "You look like a mad scientist!" And he's not wrong, exactly. As long as you allow that mad scientist might be another term for "magician"

Speaking of magicians... yesterday morning I went in to Seven to see Shelli. For the past few weeks I've been itching to chop all my hair off, so that's exactly what we did. Sneak preview above, more to come soon. Right now the longest layers hit my shoulders, but I'm thinking next time, we're going even shorter...

That's the news from here. Trivial, maybe, but at least it's all sunny!

XOXO
H


2 comments:

K said...

UM, your hair, trivial? You are not fooling me.

LadyGripe said...

Oh I am so happy for you with your nice weather! Today was lovely here too, and we are just about to hit the road to VT, where I will search for our camera, so that I can catch up!

Have a nice weekend!
xoxo
Ali