Friday, June 15, 2007

All the Way Here


Aaaah. I got to the ranch a few hours ago. I can't tell you how happy I felt during the last little bit of the drive. Colorado is green and warm and smells wonderful. There are just enough clouds in the sky to remind you how blue it is, and at the ranch the temperature is perfect for sitting outside in a summer dress. You didn't think I was going to leave all those dresses at home did you?

When I first got here, I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself. Pam is off on a hike, so I haven't met the new puppy or seen Fenton yet. It's just me and the girls, plus Roany and Deseo and the bluebirds. So quiet. Knit? Read? Write? Play with the pinhole camera? I chose read, and took a copy of the Hayden's Ferry Review that I haven't been able to find anywhere out to the picnic table. Maryellen had other things in mind. She followed me out to the table and rubbed her head on me until I acquiesced and focused all my attention on petting her. Which I was all too happy to do.

No comments: