Monday, July 16, 2007

Something Different, But Not Really

Sambar again, outside the front door this time

In other bar news, I managed to make my traditional Thursday evening pilgrimage to Sambar this week. We changed things up by sitting outside, which is also quite lovely, even if the rose bushes are not the clever conversationalists that Jay is. Have I already told you that one of the reasons I love Jay is that he always has something to talk about? He recommended that book of James Galvin poetry that is pictured in the photo with the coffee from a week or so ago, and he knows things about pretty much any city I am likely to travel to - NYC, SF, Portland, Vancouver, and we haven't even started in on the movie thing. Plus I suspect that he knows everyone in Seattle by one degree of separation or less and he certainly always has interesting observations on the human animal. Anyway, we missed those when we sat outside and had to come up with our own conversation (horrors! what a chore that was!), but the drinks were still outstanding, and I love sitting at the little cafe tables with the gravel underneath, like the Tuileries in Paris. Any time any of you want to join me at Sambar on Thursday, you just let me know. But you gotta leave me a seat at the bar.

The last stop of the week was tonight - Dakota and I went for a twirl at the Hen. Many twirls, actually. If you had seen me, you might be impressed to hear that there was only one time when I felt like I might fall down from dizziness. Once those guys who like to twirl you find out that you can follow that stuff, forget it, you're done sitting down for the night. Which is, of course, just the way we like it.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of being back in Seattle now. Here's my illustration of what I'll be up to tomorrow:

These are totally not my feet. Maybe the Birkenstocks were your first clue...


No comments: