Friday, February 27, 2009

What Jason's Been Up To

Were you wondering? He's totally worth wondering about. I squeaked with delight when I opened this first photo, super happy that he had taken a photo head-on, facing the challenge squarely, so to speak. A little moment of humorous courage. I especially liked that it made me imagine night-time in a dark apartment, Jason seeking the one spot of light that would give us a full shot of his mug. Maybe that isn't what really happened, but I don't care, it was what I pictured. All of these shots give us Jason as a character actor, I think, and I like that.

Like this one. Do I even need to say anything? I love it. The background, the whimsy, all of it.
When I opened this one, a little part of me wanted to weep. I don't know what Jason meant or was thinking when he took this one, but to me there is something so tender and melancholy about it. What is it about eyelids? Eyelids are so vulnerable. And that one stray piece of hair on his forehead. So good. I love that I don't know what his intention was here, or even if he had an intention. I don't know what the photo looked like to him, but I love that it transmitted so much emotion to me, rightly or wrongly. Not that there wasn't something tongue-in-cheek about it, there was that too, which is part of what made the sweetness of it so funny and sad at the same time.

Can't wait to see what I get tomorrow!

No comments: